Welcome to the sewing guru help guide. If you cannot find the help that you are looking
for here, then please email us form the contact us page and we will do our utmost
to rectify your problem. Your email will be responded to within 24 hours.
I never received an email when I signed up!
Please check both your inbox and junk folders. To prevent any email from us going
into your junk or spam folders, simply add us into your contacts list.
I never received a reply when I sent an email via the contact us page!
Some times errors can occur when emails are sent via the contact us box. this is
Please note we are not ignoring you, we simply cannot read the email because of errors.
We want to answer every question we receive so If you do not get a reply from us,
please resend the email again.
If you still do not get a reply from us please resend the same email but from a different
The videos do not play smoothly!
The reasons for a video not playing smoothly are down to various factors. Your Internet
connection, how fast your processor is within your computer and if you have the most
recent flash player installed on your computer.
The videos are best viewed with a broadband connection such as a DSL or cable modem
1. Turn on your Internet Explorer.
2. Locate the tool bar at the top of the screen and select Tools.
3. Then select Internet Options.
4. Select the security tab, left click on the globe icon to highlight it and then
select custom level.
5. You should now be in the Security Settings panel. Now search through the menu
until you reach Active Scripting.
6. Make sure Enable is selected.
7. Click OK, close the window.
The videos are still jumpy!
1. Install the latest flash player on your computer, this can be downloaded free
2. Select the video you would like to watch and start the video playing.
3. Put the player into full screen using the full screen icon on the bottom of the
4. Pause the video again you can find this on the bottom of the player.
5. While the video is paused your computer cache is filling up with the information
that it needs to show and play the video.
6. When you have allowed the video to stream in enough you can press the play button
again to resume the video without any jumpy-ness. If you still experience the video
to be jumpy, then pause the player for a longer period of time. Trial and error is
the key here. If there are still problems with the video, this is then down to the
processor speed of your computer or your Internet connection.
I lost my password!
You can request your password from the login box by pressing the link forgot your
password. Input your email address and your password will be sent to you. If you
do not see an email from us, check your spam or junk folders. If you still have a
problem please send us an email from the contact us page.
How do I stop my recurring payment with PayPal?
1. Please login to your Pay pal account.
2. Click the My Account tab.
3. Click the History sub tab.
4. Click More Filters which can be found just under the dates icons in blue text.
5. Select Subscriptions and Agreements, then select Subscriptions.
6. Change the date back to the year the subscription was created.
7. Click Show, Click Details next to the subscription, Click Cancel.
Once you have cancelled your subscription, you will not be billed any more, however
You can still login into your account with The Sewing Guru and use the site as a
full member until your membership expires.
How do I upgrade my membership?
If you would like to upgrade from a monthly subscription to a 6 or 12 monthly membership,
follow these simple steps.
1. Cancel your current membership vial PayPal. (follow the instructions in “How
do I stop my recurring payment with PayPal?” above).
2. Once cancelled, wait until your current membership has expired before you renew.
If you are upgrading from a 6 months subscription and you do not want to wait please
email us via the contact us page as you may have credit on your current membership,
in that case we will re-embers the difference when you renew to the new membership.
3. Choose the membership that you would like on the subscriptions page.
4. You have now upgraded your membership.
I cannot find my download login!
Download logins from the download centre a collection specific so they adopt there
own unique login.
For example I purchased the ladies trousers collection from the download centre and
I have checked my email to retrieve my login details.